Tuesday, January 1, 2019

2018 Finish-A-Long: 4th Quarter Results


Well ~ it's been a busy quarter ~ just not so much quilting-wise.  I had four projects on my list and, while I've made some progress on three of them, no finishes this time.  I guess (in my defense) that's because of a major change in our quiet little life -  putting our condo up for sale.  We're making the move from Florida to Nevada, so we've been spending a lot of time purging, pitching, cleaning and all that stuff that goes with a big move.  Exciting for sure!


Anyway, here are my results for this quarter:


1 - 
Star Light Star Bright.  I do have the top finished, so now I need to finish the back and get it basted so it's ready to quilt! 





Next up - the two Block of the Month patterns I've been working on since January.

2 - Patchwork Barn Block of the Month by Edyta Sitar.  I'm running a month behind on this, only because I'm not used to doing applique.  I have the 72 6" blocks finished and I've finished the center block with the applique.  After that it's the side panels (more applique) and the sashing (still trying to decide how I want to do that).  I'd love to be able to finish it next year at some point!



3 - 2018 Quilters Planner Sampler BOM.  I've finished 12 blocks in blue and red Christmas fabrics.  I've already run out of background fabric and can't find it anywhere, so the background is going to have to be a little scrappy.  :)  



4 - Seasonal Silhouettes - December.  Still working with the Seasonal Silhouettes pattern book by Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts.  I love this month's pattern ~ haven't started it yet, but I have all the fabrics and I'm hoping to get it up by Christmas.   NO PROGRESS.


Finishes:  Zero, zip, nada  (I'm sure I'll do better in 2019!)  Happy New Year, everybody!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)