Monday, January 7, 2019

Something new for me ~ a Bonnie Hunter Mystery!

After hearing about Bonnie Hunter through my quilty friends, I was blown away by all her scrappy quilts!  So I decided to jump in and try making her latest mystery quilt, Good Fortune.  

I have to say, scrappy is not usually in my comfort zone, but she makes it so much fun!  I was a little intimidated at how many little pieces she has you make in her weekly clues, but I didn't fall TOO far behind despite two short trips out of town in December (so proud!).

I'm not finished yet, but here are a few pics of my progress along the way.





All the pieces:



and here are my first 12 blocks:


I have to say ~ Bonnie Hunter has totally changed my way of thinking about "scrappy"!  Linking up with her for Mystery Monday. :)  Thanks, Bonnie!! 


5 comments:

  1. Bonnie Hunter is great! You blocks look amazing! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgi, it is gorgeous! I absolutely love it! I am now wishing I had played along. I may still make a small one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dq ~ You still have time! the clues are still up :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)