Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Projects in the works this week

This is one of those weeks where I'm in the middle of a couple of things, but I don't really expect any finishes anytime soon.

I finally got started on my blocks for the Good Night Irene sew-along (way past due, but that's OK ~ I'm going at my own pace!).  I decided to use "Delighted" ~ a collection by The Quilted Fish at Riley Blake that I've had FOREVER.



So far I've cut out 344 2-1/2" blocks ~ whew!  I'm sewing them together as kind of a "leaders and enders" project.  When I finish a seam on another project, I grab 2 squares out of my Delighted pile and sew those together.  Once I get eight pairs sewn, I put together a 16-patch block.  So far I have 2!




I'm still trying to figure out how to quilt my In From The Cold quilt ~ but in the meantime, I'm working on adding a strip of fabrics to the backing.


So that's where I'm at today ~ hoping to get a little further on these projects this week, but the Naples Quilt Show is this weekend, so that's going to keep me a little busy.  :)  My first quilt show ever!  I entered my Pinwheel and Postage Stamps quilt (my first), so I'm excited!! 

Linking up with Sew Cute Tuesday at Blossom Heart Quilts.


1 comment:

  1. Your Irene blocks look great! I love the fabric you're using! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)