Saturday, July 22, 2017

For the Babies

I had mentioned earlier in the year that my daughter is expecting twins, so you can imagine I've been pretty busy making a few things!  

First on my to-do list were quilts for the babies.  Let me tell you, it was really nice being able to make smaller quilts for a change!  

My daughter lives on a farm up in Michigan and I found the cutest fabric collection that I thought would be perfect.  I bought two layer cakes of Farm Fun by Stacy Iest Hsu for Moda.  The fabrics are bright and fun with farmhouses, cows, milk bottles, eggs, tractors and chicken wire!  I wanted to use the same fabric but a different design for each of the quilts, so I chose an hourglass pattern for one and a pinwheel pattern for the other.

Farm Fun Hourglass Quilt

 Farm Fun Pinwheel Quilt

I did simple line quilting on the diagonal.  The fabrics are so cute I thought simple was better.



For the binding I used chicken wire fabrics ~ one in red and one in green.  And I kept the back simple with just a scrappy strip on each.








Once I finished the quilts, I made some burp cloths



 Then I grabbed the Divided Basket pattern by Noodlehead (I've had this on my bucket list for a while!) and made a basket to put them in.  :)





I loved every minute I spent on these ~ now we're just waiting to see those babies!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh they are just delightful. What a great idea to use the fabric in different patterns rather than different fabrics. And the bag for the cloths is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful collection for twins! I love the farm fabric and it's great to have two similar but different quilts, great idea. So special!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)