Sunday, August 20, 2017

2017 Finish-A-Long: 1st 3rd Quarter finish - Outstretched

Finally ~  I've finished all the grandkids' quilts!  It's only taken a year and a half.  :)

Let me introduce you to Outstretched from the book Cabin Fever: 20 Modern Log Cabin Quilts by Natalia Bonner and Kathleen Whiting.  This one is for my oldest grandson who is turning 25 this year.  He chose this pattern asked that it be made with green and black.  

This is the first photo I took when I finished the top ~ I never noticed the secondary diamond shapes until I saw it with the light shining through!


I don't see any diamonds in the finished quilt.  But I love this pattern!


It looks so different in these colors than the quilt in the book.  (BTW, I used totally different fabrics than those I posted in my 3rd Quarter List.)



I used the blocks a little differently on the back.  I love the background and binding fabric ~ Modern Background Essentials by Brigitte Heitland for Zen Chic.  I definitely bought extra yardage of this!

The other fabrics are Toscana Amazon by Northcott and Jinny Beyer Palette Eyelash in black.




It looks like a guy's quilt, doesn't it?  I tweaked the pattern a little but, just to make it square, so it ended up approximately 70" x 70" - great for a big lap quilt!

This makes finish #1 for the 3rd quarter.  And now that I'm done with the grandkids' quilts (all 11 of them!), I really should decide what to make for my own bed.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful finish! Love the black and green, this is a great pattern. Congratulations on making all those quilts, lucky grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous quilt, the back is as striking as the front! Well done on your Q3 finish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)