Sunday, February 5, 2017

Last minute project - Twirling Flowers

I really wish I would have thought ahead and added this to my 1st quarter FAL list.  But I decided at the last minute to put together a baby quilt for the small quilt auction at our Guild's show (which happens to be at the end of this month).

I'm using some goodies that I received in the September Sew Sampler Box from Fat Quarter Shop.  The fabric is from the Sweet Orchard Rolie Polie by Down Grapevine Lane for Riley Blake Designs. The pattern is an exclusive pattern from Fat Quarter Shop called Twirling Flowers.


I love making pinwheels, so this little quilt was fun to put together!  I ended up with 21 blocks ~ 20 for the front and one for the back.


Sashing and borders have been added, the back is finished (with an adorable pink polka dot flannel) and I've just started on the quilting.  


I forgot how much I love making baby quilts ~ I love seeing a project go together so quickly!

Linking up with Kelly for NTT and Lorna for Let's Bee Social!

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable......are you putting batting or just using the flannel?
    I love the pattern. Pin wheels are one of the happiest patterns and I love to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet quilt! Little cot quilts are my favourite fast finish, a great way to try out ideas, fabrics, &color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute block, and a very pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby quilts are fun, aren't they?
    I have one in the queue now ...
    Popped by from Let's Bee Social
    http://thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)