Saturday, September 28, 2013

City Sampler Blocks and a little Christmas preview

Happy to say that I finished my three blocks for the City Sampler Quilt Along at Sew Sweetness this week ~ it seems like I'm always behind a week or two, so Yay Me!




I realize the fabric I'm using is pretty low-key compared to those in the book, but I like it that way.  Besides, since I'm new at this quilting business, I'm looking at this venture as lots of good practice!

Today was a monthly get-together for the Naples Quilters Guild called Gathering Stitches and I did these blocks there.  And then ... got started on Christmas ~ it's sneaking up on us way too fast and I promised my four girls I'd make them tree skirts.

Here's a preview of the first one ~ I'm using charm packs from Countdown to Christmas  (an older collection by Sweetwater) and Christmas Countdown (Deb Strain), both Moda collections.  Just starting to stitch a few together and find the right combinations ... It will look totally different once I'm done!


OK - no more peeks of this one.  I have to keep it a surprise until I can give it away!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)