Sunday, February 24, 2019

2019 Finish-A-Long: First finish of the year ~ Star Light Star Bright

It's only taken me a little less than 5 years to finish this one ~ Star Light Star Bright made its first appearance on March 9, 2014.  It was a Quilt Along by Melissa Corry at Happy Quilting (she really has a lot of great ones that are still up on her blog!)   The fabrics were from a FQ Frenzy Denim & Daisies bundle from Sew Lux.



I was stuck at 4 blocks forever before I decided I needed to finish it


and then, all of a sudden, it was a finished top!



The quilting was pretty simple using the walking foot (my usual), although I did try some free motion along the sashing.

I didn't get any pictures of the finished quilt before I gave it its first bath, but I like that crinkly look!









The only thing that upsets me is that the horizontal sashing is a whiter white than the rest of the background ~ which I didn't notice until after I had already started the quilting.  You can't see that in the photos, but in the daylight it's really obvious.  :(  But it's just a casual quilt which isn't going into any quilt show, so I'm not going to stress about it!  I'm just happy it's finished!

Update:  I got to show off this quilt when I met Melissa Corry at one of our Desert Quilters of Nevada guild meeting ~ and she's just the sweetest thing!  


3 comments:

  1. The quilt looks great! Enjoy the finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! (I love the color palette.) On behalf of the FAL crew, thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)