Friday, October 28, 2016

2016 Finish-Along ~ First 4th Quarter Finish: Downtown Cabins

I'm happy to say I can check off my first finish for this 4th Quarter ~ my granddaughter Maya's Downtown Cabins quilt.  After the paper-pieced quilt I did last time, this one went together pretty quickly.  The pattern is from the book Cabin Fever: 20 Modern Log Cabin Quilts by Natalia Bonner and Kathleen Whiting.  




I love the way the back turned out!  I had some half log-cabins left from the front and I thought it created an interesting design.  I used a couple of those to create my label.


For the quilting, I did an uneven grid of serpentine stitching.



I love all the solids Maya picked out for the log cabins, but I didn't keep track of what they were.  The backing and binding is Topsy Turvy by Karen Dumont & Deborah Edwards for Northcott.


Soaking up some sun :)

Linking up with Myra for Finished or Not Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I've long eyed that quilt, so it's so fun to see you made it! Thanks for linking to Finished or Not Friday! Hope to see you again at the party.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)