Tuesday, September 20, 2016

2016 Finish-Along ~ 3rd Third Quarter Finish ~ Sea Swept


Sea Swept is finished!  I have to say I'm really proud of this one ~ my first totally paper-pieced quilt.  I presented it at our Guild meeting for Show & Tell and it was met with a lot of ooo's and ahh's.  The credit for that really goes to the gorgeous pattern by Cotton Patch Quilts!

Here it is ~ before its first bath:




and after:




 I always love the crinkly texture of a freshly-washed quilt!





The fabrics I used for the front of this quilt are Robert Kaufmann's Kona White and Kona Lagoon.  The wavy background is from the Baby Zoom Submarine collection by Northcott.  Binding and pieced backing fabric is by Timeless Treasures ~ I bought it way back in July and forgot to save the selvage, so I'm not sure what collection it's from.  :(

This quilt is sandwiched with Warm and White batting and it ended up at 56" x 64".

So this is finish #3 for this quarter!  Three out of seven so far ~ better than last quarter!







8 comments:

  1. Wow, this is just stunning! Need to check out that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt! It feels so satisfying to have a finish. Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Wow this is fantastic quilt! I love the pattern and the colour combo! You are in the same ocean theme like me with my After the Storm quilt. Did you enter the 'Blogger's Quilt Festival'? it's until 24.9. and then starts the voting. Greetings from Greece! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, the movement in this is wonderful. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt looks great even on the thumbnail picture that drew me in from Busy Hands! Kudos on a fine finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty, pretty quilt! Love the two colors. Wendy at piecefulthoughts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is gorgeous. Love the colors and quilting, and I do love a freshly washed quilt too! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)