Friday, July 8, 2016

2016 Finish-Along ~ 3rd Quarter List




I have high hopes for this 3rd quarter - my goal is 3 finishes.  Fingers crossed!

1 - Seasonal Silhouettes.  This pattern book by Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts is my first attempt at such detailed applique work.  I have the first three blocks fused and I've decided to make each block a separate wall-hanging so that I have one to show off each month.  :)  It's definitely a long-term project!

   

2 - Day Break Quilt.  Top is finished, backing is finished and the quilt is basted ~ hoping to finish this quarter!





3 - Star Light Star Bright Quilt.  Another quilt-along that I lagged way behind on ~ still have only 4 blocks finished.
               


4 - Diamond District.  I'm still on six blocks ~ hopefully a few more blocks by the end of the year!  (This makes a good leaders-enders project ~ I really should take advantage of that!)


5 - Garden Fence Comfy Quilt #2.  February was my month for the Newbie Quilters Bee (Hive #11), so I'm doing another Garden Fence quilt and have lots of blocks from my bee mates to put together.  



New this quarter:

6 - Sea Swept (pattern by Cotton Patch Quilts).   This is the second out of 8 quilts I'm making for my grandkids.  So far I've cut all the pieces, organized them in baggies, and started the paper-piecing.




7 - Sew Together Bag (pattern by Sew Demented at Craftsy)  This is a bag I've been wanting to make for a while ~ so far I have the fabrics cut and I'm ready to jump in.




Linking up with Debbie at A Quilter's Table for this quarter of the 2016 Finish-Along!

3 comments:

  1. What a terrific list - full of fun projects! Good Luck! On behalf of the FAL team, thanks for sewing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I really like the colors on the Garden Fence and Day Break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that Garden Fence by Hyacinth, so economical with fabric, perfect for jelly rolls. Yours is looking fabulous!
    Neame

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)