Sunday, January 7, 2018

BOMs in the works

I now have two Block of the Month projects that I'm working on.  The Chocolatier BOM is in the finishing stages ~ I'm in the process of quilting this one!  It usually takes me a long time to decide how to quilt my projects, so I just got started on some walking foot quilting for the background.  At 73" x 73", it's not a monster, but it still takes a lot of shifting back and forth using the walking foot.  I'm calling it my workout for this week.  :)




I added another BOM to my list of project for this year ~ it's the Patchwork Barn Block of the Month by Edyta Sitar.  I've always wanted to make a blue and white/cream quilt and this one is just beautiful!  I had two of her layer cakes in my stash ~ Blue Barn and Silver Linings.  I know I'll need some more of her blue fabrics before I'm finished (what a shame, I'll have to go shopping!)  I have the first blocks cut out, so I'm anxious to get started!  I promised myself that I wouldn't wait 10 months to start this one like I did with Chocolatier.  :)


Linking up with BOMs Away!

2 comments:

  1. I see why you joined that BOM because it is stunningly beautiful. Have fun with that!

    I too take a long time to quilt things because deciding how to quilt it is hard. I even struggle to decide on the thread color sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, Georgi! That's looking so fantastic with the straight-line background work!!!! Edyta's Patchwork Barn is so nice. I love so many of her designs and have not done one yet, so it's going to be so nice to see yours emerge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)