Sunday, October 15, 2017

Acorn Dance ~ a Quilt for Fall

You can probably tell how much I love this pattern by how quickly I finished it.  :)   My thinking was that it's a perfect quilt for fall and I wanted to snuggle with it NOW!

I received the pattern in the latest Little Box of Figs from Fig Tree and Co.  Great pattern to put together!  




The fabrics for the quilt top were also included and came from Joanna Figueroa's Coney Island collection.  I started quilting this using my go-to straight line quilting in the sashing and from there did a cross-hatch inside the acorns.  Then I got brave and marked a loopy design in the border and in the acorn tops.  The border was first and I ran into a lot of missed stitches, so I did some online searching for the problem.  I ended up changing needles, adjusting my tension, and rethreading my machine.  Worked like a charm!  



Proud of myself ~ this is the first quilt I've tried this much FMQ!


I had the fabric for the binding in my stash and it couldn't have been more perfect for a fall quilt ~ too bad I have no idea what it is!   The backing is from the Essence line by Northcott Fabrics, kind of a mottled leafy design.



So here's the finish ~ too bad I didn't have in on my Finish-A-Long list!







UPDATE (2/24/2018):  So happy to report that this quilt received an Honorable Mention ribbon at the Naples Quilters Guild Quilt Show this weekend!


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)