Wednesday, December 28, 2016

2016 Finish-Along ~ Third 4th Quarter Finish: Boxing Match

Happy to say that I managed to squeak in one more finish for this quarter ~ quilt #5 for my grandkids.  (Only 3 more to go!)

My grandson Nathan is a big Detroit Tigers fan, so of course his quilt had to be Tigers-themed.  I thought Boxing Match, the pattern by Nancy Mahoney for Quiltmaker (Sept/Oct 2015) was perfect for showing off those fabrics.  



I did end up changing the orange Kona fabric to a deeper orange to coordinate better with the Old English D.



I kept the quilting simple, following the lines of the skinny strips.  I thought it made an interesting plaid pattern in the end ~ you can see it really well on the back of the quilt.





Love the front ~ very bold with the navy and orange on a white background!



Quilt stats:
Pattern:  Boxing Match by Nancy Mahoney for Quiltmaker (Sept/Oct 2015)
Size:  66" x 66"
Fabrics:
Top:  Kona Navy, Kona White, Basically Patrick Orange, Mirage Indigo
Back: Faux Burlap - Rich Navy
Binding: Low Country Indigo Diamonds by Nancy Gere.  

Batting:  Warm and White
Thread:  Aurifil 50 wt.

Linking up with Let's Bee Social and Needle and Thread Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. This quilt has so much depth visually. I love that navy binding. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)