Saturday, June 27, 2015

Quick little tip

I was cleaning my sewing space today and came across these little bits of paper ~


so I thought I'd share a little tip.  I was in the process of putting my Puddle Jumping top together ~ all the blocks were finished and I had to decide what order I wanted them in the finished quilt.   Unfortunately, my design wall wasn't big enough to hold a quilt that big (75" x 75") and I didn't want to lay them out on the floor.

My solution?  I took photos of the blocks and printed them out on paper, then proceeded to cut out all the blocks.   That enabled me to lay them out and move them around until I was happy with the order they were in.  Let me tell you, it was SO much easier moving 2-inch pieces of paper around than 15-inch blocks of fabric!  Once I was happy with the layout, I took a photo of them all together like the one below.


Easy peasy!  In case you hadn't seen it before, here's the finished quilt.


2 comments:

  1. So clever! Thanks for sharing this great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Georgi-
    Marsha (QuilterinMotion) from Threadbias. I LOVE this idea of photographing the blocks and moving them around that way. This method would be perfect for me living in an RV with no place to put a full design wall! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)