Sunday, May 11, 2014

Brayden's quilt ~ finished!

I actually finished Brayden's quilt today!  Yesterday I finished the quilting ~ decided to leave it simple straight line stitching with my walking foot.  I had a little bit of trouble with a few puckers, but the fabric is black and it's not too noticeable.  (Besides, he's going to be 3 so is he really gonna care?)  




 
I learned something new in finishing up this quilt ~ I tried machine binding following a tutorial I recently saw at Lily's Quilts, stitching it to the back first and top-stitching the front.  I'm happy with the way it turned out ~ besides,  I figured this would make it more durable for a 3 year-old!



I was super excited this morning to find out that Target is now carrying some fabrics by Fabric Editions ~ quilting, canvas, burlap ~ how fun!  Check out Maureen Cracknell's blog to enter her giveaway and possibly win some of your own!




Linking up with Anything Goes Mondays and TGIFF.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely quilt. I'm sure Brayden is going to love it. It's just the kind of thing little boys like. He'll probably like the back as much as the front with all those cars on there, and I've just noticed, his name too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)