Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A little New Year's Eve progress

I can't believe it's 2014 already ~ I feel like this year just flew by!  I blame part of that on the quilting bug that hit me this year ~ I've been so inspired by all the quilting blogs I've found and all those creative, amazing quilters I've come to "know" online.  It's definitely because of them that I've become so addicted to this craft!

I did make a lot of progress on the Cat Quilt yesterday ~
I decided to add a couple of scrappy strips to the top and bottom to make it a little longer ~ I like it!





I also decided to make a scrappy binding!  Hope to get it quilted and bound in the next few days ~ I'd say that's a good goal to start the new year!

Linking up with Kelly for Needle & Thread Thursday!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Georgi! What a fun start to the New Year! Love those cats! they are so much fun! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those colors look so great against the black background! and I'm envious of your perfect binding. Somehow, mine never makes it into a neat spiral, ha!

    Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly! I'm looking forward to getting this quilted and the binding on. For the binding, I've found the secret is to spray the wrong side with Best Press before I fold it in half and press it ~ that keeps it together really nice!

      Delete
  3. Oh it's totally cute! Seen a few of these popping up lately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love cats and quilting so very happy to have found you (from Crazy Mom Quilts linky) this is a lovely idea for a quilt and your colour choices are great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty colors and the dark background pops it all. Love to see it when it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The scrappy binding will set it all off nicely - great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the scrappy strips you added to the top and bottom. It really adds a lot to the overall look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, sure. Blame us for your addiction! Ha, ha! So glad to know you and be inspired by all the wonderful quilts you've made... And will make in 2014!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)