Monday, November 25, 2013

Monday already?!

Where do the days go?  I guess I've just been busy enough not to notice.  :)

Saturday was our last In From The Cold class, so we got some help with sashing and chain-stitch embroidery.  And by Sunday afternoon I had all of the blocks and most of the sashing done ~ next up: side sashing & borders.



Today was all about Christmas tree skirt #3 ~ binding cut and pressed ~ backing pieced together ~ basting done.  And I finally decided what kind of straight-line quilting to do (my new year's resolution? learn free-motion quilting!).   I even managed to get 1/4 of the tree skirt quilted ~ so I feel really good about today!



Almost forgot to say that I tried out a new tool today!  It's the Creative Grids Non-Slip Bias Binding Simplified Ruler  ~ so making the binding was quick and easy!  The ruler itself has the directions printed right on it for cutting 2-1/2" and 2-1/4" binding, as well as how many inches of binding you get out of 1/2, 3/4 and 1 yard of fabric.  It's nice not having to stop and look up that kind of information online.  I'd highly recommend it!  (Click on the pic for a video.)



Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)