Tuesday, October 8, 2013

2013 Finish-A-Long

I realize that this is the last quarter (Q4) of Leanne's Finish-A-Long over at she can quilt, but better late than never - or so they say.  The official rules can be found here (and there are prizes!).  I don't have too many UFOs on my list, but it gives me a goal to shoot for ~ which I usually need.  Here's my list:

1.  Christmas tree skirt #1 ~ I actually have this top completed, but (along with the other tree skirts I'm working on) it's a gift so I'm not able to show the whole top.  I still have the backing, binding and quilting to do.

2.  Christmas tree skirt #2 ~ I almost have this completely pieced using a disappearing 9-patch pattern.  This will be travelling cross-country, so I need to make sure it gets done in plenty of time!  

3.  Christmas tree skirt #3.  Just started putting together hourglass blocks for this one.  

(I actually have another tree skirt to do but haven't actually started it, so I guess I can't add it to this list unless I start that one this week as well.)

4.  Verona Hourglass quilt.  I finished piecing the top in February.  The backing is ready and I've made the binding ~ so why has it taken me so long to finish?  The fear of doing the actual quilting ~ I've wanted to do free-motion quilting on this one and it terrifies me. :)

5.  Midwinter Reds table runner.  I took this class at our local quilt shop last month, made two blocks and then got busy with other things ....  I'd love to finish this to give as a Christmas gift for someone.

So that's my list!  Not too bad I think.  

Did I mention Leanne has some prizes to give away?  The list for this quarter isn't up yet, but if you take a peek at what the previous sponsors donated I'm sure this quarter will be just as awesome!  Just sayin'.

Linking up with Leanne for Q4.







1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)