Monday, June 8, 2020

2020 Finish-A-Long: 2nd Quarter Finish #2 ~ Frolic


Can I pinch myself now?  I finished another Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt!  I started this one in November 2019 and ~ again ~ I didn't have to buy any fabric, not even the backing.  

This quilt is a big bigger ~ it ended up about 85" x 85" ~ and now I finally have a quilt for my bed!  My hubby loves it and so do I.

This is where it was before all this Covid business:


All blocks are finished, but not trimmed:


This is the back before the quilt was basted:


Quilting in progress:



and this is the finish.  I Like It!  


Someone in my quilt group asked me how many pieces were in this quilt ~ so I went back to the pattern and counted:  3,628.  Whew!

So two finishes so far this quarter ~ I'm guessing that will be it, but I can live with that!




4 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt. Did you quilt that on your
    domestic machine and what are the plastic gadgets you are using.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nana! Yes I did quilt it on my domestic machine (Juki 2200 QVP Mini) and those plastic thingies are called Grip Its. They have rubber circles on the bottom and they help hold the layers steady as you press down on the top while you're quilting. I love them!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Judy! It's certainly a fun challenge ~ her patterns are amazing!!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)