Wednesday, September 6, 2017

2017 Finish-A-Long: 2nd Third Quarter Finish - Bubblegum Kisses

Just a quick post to say that I finished #2 on my list!  It's called Bubblegum Kisses - the pattern is a Sew Sampler exclusive for June and the fabrics are from Lori Holt's Bee Basics collection.



It was a quick finish, which I love!  I changed the layout a little bit and added some yellow sashing ~ just to make it a little bigger.  It ended up about 33" x 38".  For the backing I used a blue bouquet fabric from Lori Holt's Flower Patch collection that I've had in my stash FOREVER, so it's pretty hard to find now!  



 Quilting was a simple stitch in the ditch along the sashing.  Although I'm still thinking of adding some big stitches around the "kisses."


The binding was Bee Basics Turquoise Basics TV (one of my favorite fabrics in this line!)



So, this makes finish #2 for this quarter ~ I finished binding it just before these two little girls were born on Saturday.  Two more granddaughters for us ~ Sawyer and Everly.  


Gotta go now and get some more newborn snuggles :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)